top of page
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

C1 Course (up to 7.5 tonnes)

Driver Training Course

Before practical training and test you must pass a theory test, which consists of 100 multiple choice questions pass mark is 85% the other part is hazard perception, a compilation of 19 clips identifying hazards pass mark 67%. We can offer training for both parts of theory test using DVLA software conducting mock tests and no extra charge if you are doing your practical training with us.


If you have passed your car test after 1997 you will also be required to sit the Initial Driver CPC which consists of module 2 case studies and module 4 show me, tell me. Theory material and practical training is again offered at no extra cost.


Step 1

We will provide all the relevant forms to apply for your provisional licence, D2 application form and D4 medical form.


Step 2

Book your medical with a GP and take your D4 medical form with you. Remember if you wear glasses for driving take them with you. If you wear glasses you may need to go to an optician for them to complete the vision assessment.


Step 3

Complete D2 form, taking care that when you sign your name in the white box, do not go outside of it, as DVLA will return it to you.


Step 4

Send D2 and D4 forms along with your photocard driving licence to the DVLA Swansea who will then issue you with your provisional licence, this will possibly take up to 2 weeks for your licence to be returned to you.


Step 5

Help with your theory training can be given free of charge if a practical course is booked with ourselves.


Step 6

Skills Development Scotland (SDS) Individual Training Accounts (ITAs) are for people who are 16 or over, living in Scotland and either in low paid work or actively seeking work. You must have an income of £22,000 a year or less, or be on certain benefits to be eligible to get up to £200 towards the costs of learning or training. 

To find out more or to apply, visit​

The paper counterpart to a driving licence has had no legal status since 8th June 2015. You should destroy yours if you have one but you must keep your photocard driving licence. 

As a counterpart will not be issued with your new licence, you will not be able to see what provisional entitlements you hold. You can view your licence online visiting

You will be required to have this on your possession to be able to sit your test. 

Related Training Courses

C1 Paramedic Training

B + E Car & Trailer

C Rigid Vehicle

Become A Certified HGV Driver Now!

C1 (up to 7.5 tonnes)

All of our instructors are DVSA approved and are on the voluntary register. We can deliver the following driver training courses to DVSA standards for practical test.

bottom of page